Since 2008, the SCPP has distributed the remuneration due by music producers to certain artists
The National Collective Agreement on Phonographic Publishing (CCNEP) was signed on 30/06/2008, and extended by the decree of 20/03/2009. Annex III of the Convention provides that sound recording producers provide certain artist categories with proportionate additional remuneration of up to 6% of the sums collected for the use, under the exclusive right, of sound recordings in which the artists participated.
The additional protocol provides for an increase of 0.5% for the relevant artists for sound recordings fixed before 1 July 1994 and broadcast before the signature of the CCNEP, i.e. before 2009.
Who does this apply to?
- This applies to producers whose main activity is sound recording publishing.
- The artists who will benefit from the proportional complementary remuneration are the musicians, backup singers and choral artists, who participated in a sound recording and who signed an employment contract under French law signed for such.
- Producers must provide, in their sound recording declarations made to the SCPP or the SPPF, the list of musicians, backup singers and choral artists who participated in the sound recording and with whom they have signed an employment contract under French law.
- Musicians, backup singers and choral artists will have the possibility, via this secure website, to consult their catalog and will be able to claim the missing entries. They must then return signed in due form, the discharge that will have been sent to them.
- Producers will thus have the opportunity to exploit their sound recordings within the framework of an exclusive right.
- Musicians, backup singers and choral artists will receive a proportionate additional remuneration, calculated on the basis of the sums collected by the producer under the exclusive right, for the exploitation of the sound recording in which they participated.
To find out more: the musicians website
The site initiated by the SCPP and the SPPF, dedicated to the implementation of Annex 3 of the National Collective Convention on Phonographic Publishing (CCNEP) and its additional protocol. Access the musicians website.