Joining the SCPP allows you to collect the rights your music has generated
To become a member of the SCPP, you must be:
- A Sound Recording Producer,
- A Music Video Producer ,
- A Representative of a Sound Recording Producer or a Music Video Producer,
- A transferee of the sound recording producer’ rights. In fact, a music video producer cannot join the SCPP: they must be, in any case, a sound recording producer and/or hold the rights for at least 5 sound recordings.
4 steps to joining the SCPP:
STEP 1 - Sending in your application for SCPP membership
To do this, simply send the following documents to the SCPP’s Membership Department:
- Membership application ( SCPP membership application)
- Membership document (Membership agreement)
- A Kbis extract for your company from the trade and companies register (for individual entrepreneurs, a certificate of nationality. For associations, an association declaration statement).
- A RIB (bank details)
- The list of five of your sound recordings (titles) and the name of their main performer
- Album covers or jackets corresponding to these five recordings or files (screenshot) in case of digital publishing
STEP 2 – Submit your application to the SCPP’s Board of Directors
The SCPP's Board of Directors meets monthly and reviews each membership application. It approves or denies each request.
STEP 3 – Membership to the SCPP
If your application for membership is accepted by the SCPP, the Membership Department will send you a letter as well as the texts of the statutory (mandatory) and optional mandates. You must return the following documents to the SCPP:
- A €150 check which represents a share of the registered capital of the SCPP. This amount will be refunded to you when you cease to be a member.
- The statutory and optional mandates that you wish to entrust to the SCPP.
STEP 4– Support by the Social Catalogue department
To validate your membership to the SCPP, you must declare to the SCPP the sound recordings and music videos for which you hold the rights or represent in France. The SCPP’s Social Catalogue and Distribution department will confirm your membership and send you a questionnaire to be returned.
Adhésion : Ulrike CHASSEGUET-HUNNING
T: 01 41 43 03 04 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Répertoire Social (phonogrammes) : Corinne BENMHAD
T: 01 41 43 79 77 - email@example.com
Vidéomusiques : Gaelle SFILIGOI
T: 01 41 43 03 74 98 - firstname.lastname@example.org